Feb 24

Geneviève Godbout

2007 at 01.28 pm posted by Veerle Pieters

Since I just visited Canada I thought it was appropriate to introduce a young and promising talent from up North.

My name is Geneviève Godbout and I am 22 years old and orginally from Canada. I graduated in traditional animation of Vieux-Montreal and then Gobelins in Paris. These days I am a freelance artist in London

Encore de jolies minettes

Geneviève's style is very elegant and has a high level of cuteness. She loves drawing these characters that have a certain flair of vanity over them. There are as good as no cold colors such as blue; her color palette consists of a lot of beige, orange, brown and burgundy which gives her illustrations a warm feeling. I love how she applies these nice patterns in her illustrations. My favorite one is the one of Amsterdam. Really lovely how she drew those bikers and the houses behind them.

Kids

How long have you been drawing and did it take long to find your personal style?

As far as I can remember, I've always drawn! I prefered it as playing with barbies and dolls when I was a young child.

Any special places you go to or methods you use to get inspired?

I just let life inspire me. Or when I find something beautiful. The people I have around, the places I've lived, my travels... etc.

Amsterdam

Did the Internet influence your work?

I think so, there so much stuff on Internet. Different artists of different kind show their work and it's very inspiring.

How does your typical workflow looks like?

I usually begin by drawing on paper. Then I scan it and color it on photoshop. Sometimes I use textures wich are from my cloths or home decoration!

Mistinguette

You already made an animation called Sebastien. How was that like?

It's been a really great experience doing that short film! We have been in team of four people and we have learned a lot of each other. It have changed a lot my way to work!

View the student short film Sebastien.

Le Carrousel

Burberry

More examples at Geneviève's site Rose-a-petits-pois.blogspot.com.

permalink this comment Michael Kumm Sat Feb 24, 2007 at 04.37 pm

Really beautiful work. The short film was brilliant and sweet. I am looking forward to your future works. Thanks Veerle for introducing this amazing young artist.

permalink this comment David Kornahrens Mon Feb 26, 2007 at 07.31 am

I like the design work.  Perhaps she should vert that energy into something on the web?

permalink this comment James John Malcolm (AkaXakA) Mon Feb 26, 2007 at 08.58 pm

I’m in love with her style.

permalink this comment G-Dolph Mon Mar 5, 2007 at 05.08 am

WOW~~ wondefull her style!!!

permalink this comment yelle Mon Mar 5, 2007 at 09.51 am

Lovable

permalink this comment kat Tue Mar 6, 2007 at 02.43 pm

i love it. you have great talent, i envy you. the artworks above are wonderful and are easy on the eyes..

permalink this comment Erika Tue Mar 6, 2007 at 11.13 pm

What a talent!!! Veerle, you’re the best in finding talented people!!!

permalink this comment Chris Breitner Wed Mar 7, 2007 at 10.35 pm

Beautiful tones!

Chris

permalink this comment marisa Thu Mar 8, 2007 at 11.30 am

Oh wow. I can’t believe how talented she is and she’s merely 22 years old! Good grief, she’s amazingly talented.

permalink this comment Pete Fri Mar 9, 2007 at 05.58 pm

i love this style. great talent. want to see more pictures :)

Veerle's art