Aug 13

Gravatastic desktop

2007 at 10.15 am posted by Veerle Pieters

detail of the Gravatestic desktop illustration

Learn how to create these realistic looking pins in Adobe Illustrator.

Gravatastic desktop in different resolutions

permalink this comment renaud Mon Aug 13, 2007 at 01.00 pm

Buttontastic! Thanks for the 2560 res love.

permalink this comment Sulcalibur Mon Aug 13, 2007 at 01.49 pm

Looks superb. Reminds me of those “Amazing Bearded Lady” posters :P

permalink this comment Shir Adivi Tue Aug 14, 2007 at 09.27 am

Dear Veerle,

Can you tell us where you find/buy your fonts? Is it on the net?

I loved this one and the one you used for the
“Using the Blend tool and Distort Zig Zag Effect in Illustrator” tutorial.

Thanks!!!

permalink this comment Veerle Fri Aug 17, 2007 at 04.47 pm

Shir Adivi said:

Can you tell us where you find/buy your fonts? Is it on the net?

The font is called Mohair, but I couldn’t find any link on the web to buy this font, sorry :-\ It came on an old CD collection of fonts I bought years ago (pre internet date). The other font you are referring to is one of my own creation. At this moment it’s still in Illustrator format. It’s my very first own font. It’s part of a fun project called Grab Bag Book (as far as I know not published yet). I still have to convert it to an actual font format like TrueType, or even better OpenType. Something I haven’t done before either.

permalink this comment Lotta Sun Aug 26, 2007 at 06.57 pm

I just love it! Thanx, my desktop looks so lovely now! :)

permalink this comment Copes Flavio Tue Sep 4, 2007 at 02.59 pm

That’s a really beautiful piece of art! Thanks!

permalink this comment Jan-Willem Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 02.52 pm

Dear Veerle,

maybe you have told us before, but can you tell us an easy way to create the ‘sun-rays’ in the background?

permalink this comment Veerle Mon Sep 10, 2007 at 03.16 pm

Jan-Willem said:

Yes I did indeed ;) I explained this in my article about Transform Again on Shape Layers in Photoshop. In this article I show you how to apply different colors for each part of the ray.

Art/type elsewhere

Alexander Girard

Alexander Girard-inspired fonts and objects.

view in detail