Dec 25

Happy Holidays from me and my Geeky Dog

2007 at 07.38 pm posted by Veerle Pieters

As a way of saying thanks to all my readers I’ve created a Christmas desktop of with my favorite friend Geeky Dog as central theme.

Happy Holidays from me and my Geeky Dog

This year I've decided to take a few days off to work on my own projects. Something I don't have much time for during the year. So while things will slow down a bit here from now till begin of January, I can tell you that your patience will definitely be rewarded. Yes, 2008 will launch with a big bang. All I can reveal is to nurture your creativity, because it will come in handy ;) Meanwhile, here is my little present to you: my Geeky Dog Xmas 2007 desktop:

Happy Holidays from me and my Geeky Dog - desktop illustration

Download desktop

Hope you have a great holiday. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Very Happy 2008! See you next year!

File storage provided by MoveDigital

permalink this comment Saneef Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 08.18 pm

Merry X’mas!

Happy Holidays!

permalink this comment Shaymaa Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 08.29 pm

Happy Holidays to you as well!!! :-)

permalink this comment Hamish M Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 08.40 pm

Happy Holidays Veerle!

Here’s a card that I put together:

permalink this comment Pieter Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 08.47 pm

Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear!

permalink this comment Jaffer Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 09.00 pm

What a funny looking dog ! ho! ho! ho!

Have a happy and safe holiday !

permalink this comment Michael Short Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 09.14 pm

Merry Christmas Veerle. Hope you have a wonderful christmas and new year. thanks for the new desktop :-)

permalink this comment piscator Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 10.58 pm

Merry Christmas and a healthy,happy and prosperous 2008

permalink this comment Krisha Patel Tue Dec 25, 2007 at 11.36 pm

Hello Veerle,
I visited your blog and downloaded your vid-tut..it is really fantastic..i am trying to learn Illustrator and Indesign..just started..i am an Indian..n used corel there..but here corel almost does not exist..so m trying to learn..u helped a lot..thanx..M her for my Masters of Communication Design..and you’ve been a very great help..i’ll always respect that!..
thank you..Merry Christmas!
May God Bless You!

permalink this comment Umair Rahat Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 02.27 am

Merry Christmas!!!!
Have a wonderful Christmas and a new year! :)

permalink this comment Lucian Marin Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03.07 am

Since the Christmas is over by now, I wish you a Happy New Year.

permalink this comment wendell Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 03.43 am

i heard there is a great designer in belgium that has a geeky cat too! lol!  merry christmas to you and your friends and family.

permalink this comment Kelly Miyashiro Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 08.42 am

Thanks for the gift! It’s not often a blogger actually makes something for their readers :)

permalink this comment Andreas Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 11.13 am

Merry christmas and happy holidays from Italy too.

I think i’m going to do the same sport as your geeky dog does :).

permalink this comment Tomek Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 11.14 am

happy new year :)

small christmas card from me.

permalink this comment Julian Schrader Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 11.36 am

Happy Holidays!

permalink this comment Boomcha Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 11.45 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanx for tutorials! :)

permalink this comment Lena Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 02.59 pm

Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.
I hope 2008 will be a prosperous year for You :)

permalink this comment edwin Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 04.51 pm

Happy holidays for you and a prosperous blog year 2008 !

permalink this comment Hakob Kostanyan Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 05.35 pm

Merry Christmas to All

Btw: Whats the font name which is used in the image ( Holidays ) ?

permalink this comment kleidung Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 06.12 pm

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year. Btw the dog rocks! :)

permalink this comment chris Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 07.03 pm

great work as usual. i loved the three pictures. good luck for you too and hope u will have a good year in 2008.

permalink this comment Raven Wed Dec 26, 2007 at 08.54 pm

A merry Christmas and a healthy, joyful and successful New Year !

permalink this comment kanick Thu Dec 27, 2007 at 07.57 am

Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year

permalink this comment Treyva Thu Dec 27, 2007 at 09.13 pm

Beautiful! Thanks and Merry Christmas. ^_^

Would it be possible to get the wallpaper in widescreen dimensions? My laptop has 1440x900 resolution.

Best wishes for 2008.

permalink this comment Jackie Sat Dec 29, 2007 at 05.39 pm

Happy Holidays to you too, Veerle.  I love the dog desktop with all of the charming details like the stars in the trees and the design on his surfboard and scarf.  The font you used on Holidays is very elegant - with the swashes.  Where do you find fonts like that?  I have looked online but don’t see any script fonts with long tails on them. It goes perfectly with the winter wonderland scene you created though.

Have a great New Year!

permalink this comment Veerle Sat Dec 29, 2007 at 06.13 pm

Thank you for all the wishes :) Hope you all have a nice holiday and splendid year end!

Treyva said:

Here you go

See also here if you like ;)

Hakob Kostanyan said:

Whats the font name which is used in the image ( Holidays ) ?

Jackie said:

It’s Bickham Script Pro. It’s an OpenType font that I believe ships with the Adobe Creative Suite. I’ve used the OpenType ‘Swash’ feature on the ‘H’ and the ‘Stylistic Alternates’ feature on the ‘y’.

permalink this comment Jackie Sun Dec 30, 2007 at 05.17 pm

Thank you Veerle for sharing the information on your Bickham Script font.  I looked at it on the Adobe website - it comes with many extras like ligatures and ornaments as well as the swashes and alternates.  It’s a very nice font, especially for uses like holiday cards!

Happy New Year and thanks again for the nice desktop!

permalink this comment LéanneC.E. Sun Dec 30, 2007 at 08.46 pm

Happy newyear!

permalink this comment Savitri Mon Dec 31, 2007 at 06.38 pm

This is my first comment but you’re in my rss feed and also listed as my favorite blog on my site. Thanks for all your tips and freebies like this, I have it on my desktop now, and have a great new year!

permalink this comment Alex Mon Dec 31, 2007 at 11.45 pm

Happy new year! Woo woooo

permalink this comment loptar Wed Jan 2, 2008 at 03.04 am

Happy New Year from Thailand, Veerle :-)

permalink this comment Jonathan Swift Sat Jan 5, 2008 at 04.18 pm

All the best wishes for New Year. I really enjoyed your blog so far, hope you’ll keep up all the good work this year as well.