Jul 25

Interview at Digital Web

2006 at 01.29 am posted by Veerle Pieters

Digital Web just published a pretty long interview with me. So if you are curious in getting a peek, point your browser to their website and read all about it. The interview covers my blog, my work and some other random babble :)

permalink this comment Kalle Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 01.45 am

Hehe, my feed aggregator alerted me of it before you posted the link here :)
It was a good article! Nice to read some stuff about you.

How is it to be a web design rockstar? :)

permalink this comment Jeroen Hulscher Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 03.13 am

Great interview, Veerle. I never saw you as a rockstar before, but now it was mentioned; yeah, it does seem to fit. I’m currently in my fourth year of Multimedia Design at the Willem de Kooning Academy in Rotterdam, and in my classes you are definitely well-known and an inspiration to a lot of us.

So beware for all those internship e-mails in the coming months! ;-)

permalink this comment Roger Johansson Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 04.05 am

Great interview! Now, I wonder if I should talk about the rockstar bug hunting methods you showed me recently ;-P.

permalink this comment Stijn De Lathouwer Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 06.19 am

Congratulations on the interview :)

permalink this comment Nick Husher Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 06.48 am

Kalle, the real question is, if Veerle is a web design rockstar, can she throw out the horns?

permalink this comment Patrick Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 08.05 am

Really interesting interview, thanks for the link and keep up the good work.

Greetings,
Patrick

permalink this comment Carolyn Wood Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 10.44 am

You know, I just checked my Official Digital Web Rock Star Handbook, and Roger Johansson was in there, too! :)

permalink this comment Martin Hellendoorn Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 11.57 am

Nice interview! I read about the Colour Contrast Analyser at Juicy Studio, which I will be using for one of my websites. As a PHP programmer, colour and contrast is always a big problem for me.

permalink this comment A. J. Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 01.45 pm

So that’s how to pronounce your name. ;)

Great interview, Veerle, thanks for providing a link.

permalink this comment Juan Carlos Tue Jul 25, 2006 at 03.22 pm

Excellent interview. And thank´s for mention the Contrast Analyser, I´ll put it in my favourites.

permalink this comment ivow Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 04.00 am

Really nice! Following your blog for quite a while and I must say, love your work and code :).

Good luck!

permalink this comment stef Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 04.36 am

respect, once again to belgium’s pride in design and the web!

permalink this comment Ruben Wed Jul 26, 2006 at 10.56 am

That’s hard to pronounce, indeed!

Great interview, by the way :-)

Cheers!

permalink this comment Veerle Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 03.36 am

Thanks :) Happy to hear that people like the interview.

Kalle said:

How is it to be a web design rockstar? :)

Hm… didn’t you read the interview? Hehe :) Well, I’m very flattered to be called like that :)

Jeroen Hulscher said:

So beware for all those internship e-mails in the coming months! ;-)

Ha! Thanks for the warning :) I’m already used to getting lots of e-mails, but still it’s better to be warned :)

Roger Johansson:

Or I could also show you the angry bug hunting technique, remember? :o)

@Carolyn Wood : thanks again for the interview. It was really an honor.

permalink this comment maciejbodek Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 09.19 am

As long as it’s hot like hell here where I live, I’m only able to be passive (e.g. reading articles, news, watching movies) and therefore I’m so happy with another interesting long interview to read. :)

Anyway a lot of accurate thoughts there,  I also like your point of view on design process, working in group etc.

Greets & words of acknowledgement from Poland. :)

permalink this comment Roger Johansson Fri Jul 28, 2006 at 02.05 pm

LOL yeah the “angry bug” method is the best way of squashing a CSS bug ;-p!