Aug 24

Tiësto in concert

2004 at 03.13 am posted by Veerle Pieters

Hot news if you’re a big fan of DJ Tiësto and are living in Belgium or Holland. Some of you may remember that Tiësto wrote history in the Gelredome in Arnhem by filling a soccer stadium with 25.000 people. This was a unique event since he was the first to do this and the only DJ that played that night. As you probably know he has been chosen as the world’s best DJ for the second year in a row.

So imagine this: The show will be bigger and better then last year and I can safely say that it was the greatest thing that I ever saw in my life. Also different this year is that there are two Tiësto in concerts, one in Holland and one in Belgium. The concert show last year was concentrated on the fact that Tiësto travels around the world and all kind of guests performed representing each country where he had been.

Tiësto in concert

Tiësto himself is holding off all bookings in October to prepare for this unique event. This year’s theme is “Magic” also the name of his own record label. That theme will give the promoters a world of possibilities to create a stunning spectacle. ID&T has set up an office in Belgium also and are in my opinion the world leader in organizing such concerts. Maybe you know them from “Trance Energy”, Thunderdome, Sensation black and White edition etc. No small venues and a huge success.

So if these guys and girls are saying that there will be a light show with never been used lightening effects in Belgium or Holland I surely believe them.

In Belgium this event will take place in the new Ethias Arena at Hasselt on Saturday the 6th of November and tickets cost 40 Euro. This arena has a ground area of 13.600 square meters. This makes it the biggest venue in Belgium. It’s also the place where Kim Clijsters will make her comeback on the tennis court during WTA Tennis tournament.

In Holland Tiësto plays in Arnhem again at the Gelredome on October 30th.

Presales start on August 28th at Fnac, Mediamarkt or by phone 070/34 50 50 (Sherpa, for Belgium) or 0900 93 93 (Ticketbox, for Holland) Online ticketsales: [url=http://www.sherpa.be]http://www.sherpa.be[/url] or [url=http://www.ticketbox.nl]http://www.ticketbox.nl[/url]

UPDATE : in Holland they decided to do 2 nights instead of 1 (Friday 29th and Saturday 30th) as a direct result of the huge amount of interest. Guess what… those 2 nights were sold out in less then 1.5 hour! Mine are ordered, and according to ID&T, tickets for the Belgium concert are flying out the door also. If you want to go, one advice, order now!

permalink this comment christopher crippen Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 07.33 am

i can’t wait, i missed last year’s concert and have been regretting it ever since.  this year i won’t make that same mistake. tiesto puts on the most incredible show!

permalink this comment senobiah Tue Aug 24, 2004 at 07.55 am

I bought the dvd of the concert and it was awesome. This should be bigger and better event.

He’s my favorite DJ since “isolina”.

Maybe if i’ve any luck I’ll be there too.

permalink this comment Rohit Wed Aug 25, 2004 at 07.30 am

His stuff is just so awesome. Enjoy the concert if u go! :D

permalink this comment Elliot Mon Sep 27, 2004 at 12.48 pm

I have got tickets to go to the concert in Belgium, tried to boik for Holland but messed up with all the foren websites!!! I absolutly can’t wait but one small issue is that none of us going have any idea where the Ethias-Arena is!!!!!!! I have looked on the internet and found lads of cool pictures but no maps!!! can anyone help??!???!?!? *ELMO*

permalink this comment Veerle Tue Sep 28, 2004 at 05.00 am

@Elliot: Here is a link to a pdf map  on how to find the Ethias Arena.

permalink this comment Elliot Thu Sep 30, 2004 at 11.53 am

you are an absolute star!!! thank you very much! On another point is there a group of people from south east england going that would enjoy the company of 3 more ravers?!?! :-)

permalink this comment senobiah Thu Oct 14, 2004 at 07.02 am

Their are plans for bringing Tiesto here in Aruba I’m so excited :). Those guys of Muzika are awesome!

permalink this comment Veerle Thu Oct 14, 2004 at 07.36 am

I’m excited too since the concert date is approaching fast. Let’s hope that those plans become real. It’s must to see Tiësto at work.

permalink this comment Brice Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 08.50 am

And for those who like clubbing, enjoy Versuz in Hasselt, not as good as Zillion was, but still a great place.

And for those who love Ibiza like I do, try Sithes, at the south of Barcelona, you will become crazy!!!