May 03

Veerle’s blog 3.0 and Authentic jobs 50% off

2010 at 05.50 pm posted by Veerle Pieters

I’m pretty sure I’ll make a few people happy with what I am about to say. This will be my last post in this design! Next week you should see what I have been sweating on for a long time. Yes, you did read it right, the new blog is ready to be launched! Don’t email me anymore when it will be done :)

Veerle's blog 3.0

The only thing left is showing a preview to a few friends and some small tweaks. Personally I'm happy that it is now final so that I can go back to having a bit of a life. Doing this in between running a company has been very hard. Sometimes I had to do a bit of client work during the weekend too so all I got were little pieces of time here and there. Working that way isn't easy but client work always has priority. Other weekends I had to write an article for this blog first because not posting wasn't an option. So I had to divide my time between the old one and the upcoming one. Pressure!

Authentic Jobs 50% off

Partner of this site Authentic Jobs is kicking off my new launch with the 50% off promotion that we do one time each year. This offer is only valid from today, May 3 through Friday, May 7.

How to apply?

You get 50% off any listing–full-time, contract, or freelance– by using the veerle's blog promo code: 50VP. Do not worry, their money-back guarantee still applies too. Post a job now.

permalink this comment Fernando Falcão (Paco) Mon May 3, 2010 at 06.02 pm

Good Luck :) for VEERLE’S BLOG 3.0

——————————————-
Fernando Falcão - Web Designer
nandofalcao.com

permalink this comment Luka Mon May 3, 2010 at 06.10 pm

yeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah!
finally!!!
;)

permalink this comment Andy Johnson Mon May 3, 2010 at 06.12 pm

Looking forward to the new design, and a new era of inspiration 3.0!

permalink this comment Tim Mon May 3, 2010 at 07.09 pm

Would be great to see a sneak-peak screenshot of the new design.

permalink this comment Veerle Pieters Mon May 3, 2010 at 07.19 pm

Tim said:

Would be great to see a sneak-peak screenshot of the new design.

here is one, and another, and a final one

permalink this comment Leandro Alves Mon May 3, 2010 at 08.52 pm

woww i can’t wait! =D

permalink this comment lewro Mon May 3, 2010 at 09.31 pm

Looking forward to it. From what we can see its quite sure it is going to be amazing as all your work.

permalink this comment lester Mon May 3, 2010 at 09.33 pm

can’t wait!

permalink this comment Asrar Mon May 3, 2010 at 10.13 pm

I preview looks nice, but I definitely will miss this design.

permalink this comment Penny Tue May 4, 2010 at 02.14 am

Hey congratulations! I can wait to see your new design. You re my inspiration number 1!

permalink this comment Paul Anthony Webb Tue May 4, 2010 at 03.49 am

Oooooh! *So* looking forward to this. ;)

permalink this comment Samantha Tue May 4, 2010 at 12.05 pm

I’ve been an avid reader of your blog and can’t wait to see the new edition - and all the new inspiration!  Thanks for all your efforts!

permalink this comment thomas Tue May 4, 2010 at 12.38 pm

Will your new blog be sliced in HTML5 ?

permalink this comment Veerle Pieters Tue May 4, 2010 at 12.51 pm

thomas said:

Will your new blog be sliced in HTML5 ?

Nope. The structure is ready for HTML5 but I decided not to use it just yet. I would need to modify EE2 so that it outputs HTML5 instead (which would mean more work and trouble each update) and because the new blog is so big and complicated I would need to do a lot more work to make sure it works in IE8. Already took me this long to get it done so I couldn’t afford walking down unknown territory with unexpected results.

permalink this comment vanni Tue May 4, 2010 at 03.21 pm

we don’t care about IE 8 or for that matter IE 9. We should all just forget about those browsers. my 2 cents worth.

when it will be done :) ...as it is in heaven ...

permalink this comment Robert Tue May 4, 2010 at 04.19 pm

So, your new blog will be powered by EE2?
Can’t wait!

permalink this comment Patrick Clarke Tue May 4, 2010 at 06.38 pm

Looking forward to this. I would love to hear about your transition from EE 1.x to EE 2 as part of your redesign process.

permalink this comment Sam Logan Wed May 5, 2010 at 09.35 am

Hi Veerle, can’t wait to see the new design, I will keep checking back over the next couple of days :)

permalink this comment Marc Wed May 5, 2010 at 08.28 pm

Looking forward to blog 3.0!

Do you have some shots of blog 1.0? Would love to see them, to get an idea how your blogs have been evolved ;)

permalink this comment bob Thu May 6, 2010 at 10.33 am

My head is about to explode with excitement!

Come on girly, impress us already…

permalink this comment robt Thu May 6, 2010 at 02.52 pm

can’t wait to see the new layout!

permalink this comment Kevin Mullins Thu May 6, 2010 at 06.41 pm

Yep - looking forward to the new layout too.

permalink this comment Edel Thu May 6, 2010 at 08.08 pm

I really loved the current design but I guess the new one will be even better, cannot wait to see it.

permalink this comment Thomas Thu May 6, 2010 at 11.10 pm

Wow, can’t wait. Please don’t forget to backup this current blog since this one is still very sweet!

permalink this comment Bruce Andrew Sun May 9, 2010 at 11.58 am

Looking forward to what you come up with! +1 for keeping this one around.