Feb 06

What is Graphic Design Poster Competition

2008 at 01.47 pm posted by Veerle Pieters

Are you ready for some creativity? I hope you are because it’s finally time for my previously announced What is Graphic Design Poster Competition. Sharpen your pencils and let those creative juices boil until you come up with a unique concept. I’ve waited a bit longer to start this as I got a few requests from people that are off skiing this week and wanted to join. Now you can submit your poster untill February 15th.

What do you need to do?

The basic concept of this contest is to come up with something creative or witty that visualises the question 'What is Graphic Design?'. It doesn't matter if you can't draw as it can be all type as well. So for example you could look at all the comments of the orginal post and pick something out and translate it to a visual message. Basically this is your one time chance to give total freedom a shot. Like I said you could use some of the things you've learned here but that's certainly not an obligation.

So what can you win?

Thanks to some great people I was able to gather a list of attractive prizes to win. Be sure to check the sites of the sponsors.

1st prize
  • Adobe Creative Suite CS3 Design Premium or CS3 Web Premium or CS3 Production Premium (winner's choice)
  • Adobe Kuler t-shirt
2nd prize
  • iPod Nano Red donated by EllisLab
  • 1 annual online training account for 1 year from the Kelby Media Group
  • Adobe CS3 t-shirt
3rd prize
4th prize
5th prize
6th prize
7th prize
  • an Apress book or eBook (winner's choice)
  • 6 month - Shared Hosting S-3 plans ($40/month plan) by EngineHosting
8th prize
  • 6 month - Shared Hosting S-3 plans ($40/month plan) by EngineHosting
  • Adobe Kuler t-shirt
9th - 12th prize

I'll be the judge and jury :)

I'll base my final judgement on a lot of factors, like creativity, placement of things, good copy, etc. So like I said before you don't have to be a creative genius to win, just make something orginal and funny and you'll get a fair chance too. So all you need to do is:

Where to put your art work?

You upload your artwork to your Flickr account and post in the pool that I created for it and make a text link to it via the comments. If you don't have a Flickr account you can join for free. Becoming part of the pool is easy just click join on the right. If you do it like that I can follow all new submissions by RSS.

Join via Flickr
  • Create your masterpiece in these dimension 750px wide and 1000px high
  • If don't have a Flickr account already sign up for one it's free.
  • Become a member of the group by going the group and click join this group? on the right.
  • Upload it to your Flickr account and place it in the pool "What is Graphic Design Poster Competition" and text link to it in the blog comments by using <a href="http://www.mysite.com/">my poster</a>
  • Don't forget to set the content type of your poster to "other - art, illustration, CGI, etc." and NOT as a photo as wanted by the Flickr guidelines

Update: Don't forget to add your entry to the Flickr group/pool. It is very easy to do so: just go to your picture and above it you'll see the second itemsend to group”. When you click on it it will load the groups you are part of. Just look for “What is Graphic Design Poster Competition” and select it. That’s all, it should now be in the group/pool.

Update II:Don't also forget to set the content type of your poster to "other - art, illustration, CGI, etc." and NOT as a photo as wanted by the Flickr guidelines. If you already uploaded it you can change it under the organize menu and go to the poster (choose recent uploads), double click the thumb of the poster and in the popup window choose filter and select "other - art, illustration, CGI, etc."

Further info:
  • More than one entry is ok
  • Entry must be submitted by Friday February 15th

Good luck and may the creative gods serve you well :D I already submitted mine just as inspiration but don't worry I'm not playing ;) ... and it's not ok to copy mine :D

Update III:Good news! The good folks from Fontshop and OurType have supplied me with some extra prizes.

• From FontShop: 2 Font books
  • From Our Type: De Arnhem family

With quality of entries so far I'm sure I'll find some good use for it :)

permalink this comment Judson Collier Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 02.24 pm

Wohoo! I’m excited, and collecting my ideas ;)

permalink this comment Jack Rapid Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 03.09 pm

Wooow so many ideas, so little time. But i already have CS3 :(

permalink this comment Juanma Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 03.19 pm

Thanks V! Ready, set, go!

permalink this comment Jonno Riekwel Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 03.48 pm

That’s gonna be awesome!

permalink this comment Tommy Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 03.59 pm

This competition is just great! And the prices are amazing :) I will definitively enter this competition with no hope of winning, but hey, one can always try eh? :)

permalink this comment Maurus Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 04.14 pm

Finally! :)

Just one question: Has the «claim» to be included in the artwork?

Thanks.

permalink this comment lmn Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 04.27 pm

I got a question about a procedure :D

I’ve sent my poster to the Flickr pool but where should i post a link to it: here in my comment or ...?

In any case, apologizing, i post it here(i hope you correct me if i’m wrong:
my poster

On a side note: being your fan for a long while now (not if I’m trying to win this way :D - this competition was right in time after I’ve finished one not that satisfying project.)

permalink this comment Veerle Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 04.42 pm

Maurus said:

Just one question: Has the «claim» to be included in the artwork?

If you mean the “what is graphic design?” part it’s not obligated to put it in. The poster should fit as an answer to what it really is since that is the concept.

lmn said:

It’s indeed in the comments like mentioned in the Join via Flickr part.

permalink this comment Marcus Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 05.57 pm

This is my poster. I hope someone like it :)

permalink this comment Thomas Silkjær Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.06 pm

This is my first shot :)

permalink this comment Kventor Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.16 pm

Good! I also try to do something

permalink this comment Sergio Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.20 pm

"Upload it to your Flickr account and place it in the pool "What is Graphic Design Poster Competition" and text link to it in the comments by using <a href="http://www.mysite.com/">my poster</a>"

question, this <a>...</a> is in the poster comment or on the group comment??

BTW this is mine my poster

permalink this comment Veerle Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.35 pm

Sergio said:

question, this <a>...</a> is in the poster comment or on the group comment??

I thought it was clear that it was in the comments of this post since you can’t post it in the comments on Flickr. I’ve added the word blog so it’s super clear now.

permalink this comment monkeyinabox Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.39 pm

Can you make my logo bigger?

What’s with all the unused space in this design?

It’s called whitespace.

graphic design is…

permalink this comment Sergio Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 06.45 pm

thanks veerle!!

permalink this comment Thomas Silkjær Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 07.19 pm

Second shot :)

permalink this comment Thomassl Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 07.58 pm

Umm, so this is my try…

right here

I think I have to make lots to even stand a chance against the awesome ones that is in the pool right now.

permalink this comment Michaël Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 08.47 pm

My poster, not the last?!

permalink this comment Thomassl Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 09.41 pm

What happend? It says “Group Photo Pool (0 photos)” and “There aren’t any photos in the What is Graphic Design Poster Competition pool.” here.

Does it happen anywhere else, or is it just me?

permalink this comment Willem Wed Feb 6, 2008 at 11.27 pm

I wasn’t going to participate, but then I got an idea, so I’ll be all over this tomorrow :)

permalink this comment Ben Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 12.29 am

my poster is here!

My first attempt…

permalink this comment Oliver Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 01.08 am

Hey Veerle.
My entry for your competition is right here.

all the best from germany,
Oliver

permalink this comment Anna Debenham Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 02.10 am

Here’s my poster. Hope it’s ok. The other ones look so amazing!

permalink this comment Dennis Frank Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 02.56 am

Here is my entry:

Oops

permalink this comment Christian Sisson Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 04.29 am

Hi Veerle!! How you’re doing?
Please, follow the link below to my poster.

WiGD?

Thanks for the opportunity.
Cheers!

permalink this comment Sam Lu Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 06.41 am

This sounds fun! I’ll give it a shot.

permalink this comment Michael Short Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.46 am

Here is my attempt :-)

permalink this comment Veerle Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.51 am

Thomassl said:

What happend? It says “Group Photo Pool (0 photos)”. Does it happen anywhere else, or is it just me?

I don’t see anything wrong on my end. I’ve checked twice once logged in to Flickr and once not and both times I see the entries. The only thing wrong is that one entry has a private setting but I’ve mailed that person to change that. Could be Flickr flipping out because it sometimes shows the wrong number of entries but if you click to go to the poster and browse that way you see them all.

permalink this comment Dirk Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.54 am

Great competition, Veerle.

Here’s my go:
Graphic design is getting your message fly across

permalink this comment Kuldeep Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 11.36 am

Hi Veerle,

First, let me thank you for this great competition and I hope to come up with a good design for this.

But, I am confused,...everyone in this pool seems to be in quest for answering the question ‘What is Graphic Design?’ and what I interpreted from your post that we have to visualize The Question and design should still itself and make us ponder the same question. And also started thinking some idea on the same lines.

Should it be ‘A visual Answer to The Question’ or ‘visual Question itself’ ?

Can you please address this issue and make us/me clear this ambiguity.

I am sorry if I sounded really dumb in there. I appreciate your time and response.

permalink this comment Veerle Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 11.40 am

Kuldeep said:

Should it be ‘A visual Answer to The Question’ or ‘visual Question itself’ ?

The concept is indeed answering the question “What is Graphic Design?”. You should try to visualize the answer in a way how you perceive it.

Hope that makes it clear now.

permalink this comment Thiago Matsunaga Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 02.41 pm

My poster is there now!

:D

permalink this comment Martin Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 02.48 pm

Here is mine.

permalink this comment Luke Walding Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 03.08 pm

Bonfire Poster
A little cheeky perhaps but I’m happy!

permalink this comment MJDeViant Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 03.21 pm

I’ve watched this site for a few months now. I like the simple tutorials and things I just missed or overcomplicated. And actually, I love the fact that there is a comment board where people seem generally nice and constructive. This contest has pulled me in. I will hopefully submit mine within a few days and from now on will comment instead of just viewing.

permalink this comment Sam Brown Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 04.40 pm

Pixel.

permalink this comment Todd Austin Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 04.48 pm

Here is my entry.

permalink this comment Thomas Silkjær Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 05.08 pm

Yet another poster

permalink this comment Sean McAuliffe Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 05.36 pm

Gave it a shot. It’s cool to upload more than one?

There’s some great stuff up there.

permalink this comment Vlad Gerasimov Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 06.09 pm

Veerle - thanks for the inspiration! You ruined my evening ;-) drawing posters instead of working. My submissions:
Poster 1
Poster 2
Poster 3
Poster 4
Thanks.

permalink this comment Eric Dytzel Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 06.28 pm

Graphic Design is simplicity. It is what it is.

permalink this comment MelissaE1 Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 07.07 pm

Here is my Entry

permalink this comment Maltpress Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 07.17 pm

Here’s mine

I’m a writer, not a designer, as is probably evident. But I thought this would be fun.

permalink this comment Thomassl Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 07.39 pm

My second poster…
is here

Q: Let’s say i posted 10 posters, would my chance to win be the same as if i posted one?

permalink this comment Vlad Dumitrica Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.19 pm

This is my first submission.

permalink this comment Lisa Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.34 pm

view the action.

poster #1 inside.

permalink this comment Matthew Griffin Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.37 pm

Wow! There are already some amazing submissions. Here’s my contribution

permalink this comment Flokke Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.50 pm

This is a very nice initiative! I didn’t have time to create my try yet (maybe this weekend).
Wouldn’t it be nice to publish all entries in one nice book ;-)

permalink this comment Kuldeep Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.53 pm

Thank you! Its very much clear now i guess

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 08.56 pm

This is my poster!

permalink this comment Rodrigo Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.27 pm

Really nice competition! Here’s my poster.

permalink this comment Estéfany Franco Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.36 pm

Great contest! Great images!

Here’s mine:
Graphic Design

permalink this comment Vlad Dumitrica Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 09.51 pm

This is my second submission.

Great contest, Veerle!

permalink this comment Piotr Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 10.05 pm

Graphic Design is About Stylish Typefaces. Sometimes. Whoopa! :)

permalink this comment Dan Mall Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 10.21 pm

Here’s mine!

permalink this comment Timo Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 10.30 pm

My Poster:

My entery

permalink this comment Bryan Culver Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 10.59 pm

The competition is heating up. Here is my poster

permalink this comment Piotr Thu Feb 7, 2008 at 11.21 pm

Graphic Design is About Stylish Typefaces. Sometimes.

permalink this comment Antonio Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 12.11 am

Here is my poster.

permalink this comment Michael Short Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 12.43 am

Here is my 2nd entry

permalink this comment Ikazuchi Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 12.46 am

My humble submission.

permalink this comment Michael Short Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 01.19 am

My Third entry.

permalink this comment Cameron Hunt Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 02.13 am

Here’s my entry:

Hard to nail down.

permalink this comment Digital Base Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 02.25 am

Some really great designs in here. I really like the ‘watercolor painting painting text’

Very nice job

permalink this comment Adrian Unger Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 02.49 am

This is my poster.

permalink this comment els Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 03.00 am

Thank you, Veerle.
for offering
all this graphic design
goodness
for free!
you’re the best.

permalink this comment Valentina Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 04.40 am

This is my first attempt :)

I <3 this blog.

Design - BRAIN
Art - HEART

Design - FUNCTION
Art - FASHION

Design - Sense
Art - Style

Something like these…. you know.

“Design is not how it LOOKS… it is how it WORKS…” - Steve Jobs

If the outcome of the work is based on the objective and purpose of the concept of the project then we consider it as a design. On the other hand, if the outcome of the work is purely based on the emotion of the creator and with the intention to express one’s passion, feeling and desire, then we consider it as a form of art.

Design can use art to serve its purpose and Art can use design to express itself.

These two can go hand in hand just like our MIND and EMOTION is working.

Thank you. =)

permalink this comment Pamela Methot Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 06.10 am

Patience.

permalink this comment NetOperator Wibby Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 06.15 am

Alright, here are mine! I submitted one with two variations (hope that’s okay).

Original Poster
Variation #1
Variation #2

permalink this comment Cameron Hunt Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 06.35 am

My second entry.

Veerle, you didn’t specify if we could use previous art. I made this last year, it’s an original idea of mine. I hope it’s acceptable.

permalink this comment Luke Seeley Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 06.55 am

Graphic Design is up to me.

permalink this comment Martin Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 02.07 pm

Here’s mine.

permalink this comment Jaime Martínez Domínguez Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 04.00 pm

Visit my poster here

permalink this comment Kevin M. Keating Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 04.16 pm

Here’s mine: Making Arial Look Good

permalink this comment olga glavanits Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 06.04 pm

Hallo,

I posted 2 posters

here.

I’m just studying design and internettechnologies, so I hope you like it.

permalink this comment fourandahalf Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 07.13 pm

First Entry Hooray. There are quite a few incredibly entries. Good job eh.

permalink this comment Flokke Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 07.18 pm

typography

permalink this comment MelissaE1 Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 07.47 pm

Here is my Second Entry.

permalink this comment jason Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 08.01 pm

and #2

permalink this comment Emir Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 08.04 pm

Here’s my poster.

permalink this comment Flokke Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 08.08 pm

Announcement

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 08.56 pm

This is my second try. Yummy!

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 09.21 pm

There seems to be a number of comments on these posters claiming that graphic design is not or cannot be art. That is ridiculous, in my opinion. That’s like saying that Architecture cannot be art.

It’s pretty sad to think that graphic design should only be a commercial activity and not contain any “artful” thought to it. That is what I think good design is made of.

permalink this comment Kevin M. Keating Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 09.26 pm

Added a second:

Graphic Design is copying Apple

permalink this comment fourandahalf Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 10.03 pm

Try Too. :)

permalink this comment Stephen Coles Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 10.24 pm

Here is mine in red and black.

permalink this comment Lisa Firke Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 10.54 pm

Here’s mine. I think the statement itself is original; that is, I don’t recall hearing it put quite this way.

<a >Design Works</a>

permalink this comment Devil's Kitchen Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 11.08 pm

Here’s my poster.

DK

permalink this comment Vlad Dumitrica Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 11.18 pm

This is my third submission.

permalink this comment Anthony Sigalas Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 11.25 pm

My Poster. Good luck to all!

permalink this comment Stirman Fri Feb 8, 2008 at 11.39 pm

Graphic Design IS.

permalink this comment Devil's Kitchen Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 12.06 am

Here’s another poster.

DK

permalink this comment Devil's Kitchen Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 12.29 am

Yet another poster.

DK

permalink this comment Vlad Dumitrica Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 12.32 am

This is my fourth submission.

permalink this comment Timo Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 01.01 am

two versions of my Colours poster:
- Retro Colours
- Regular Colours

permalink this comment Tyler Thompson Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 02.01 am

My Poster

permalink this comment Kasra Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 02.11 am

Here’s my entry.

Thanks!

permalink this comment Markus Spitzner Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 03.15 am

My contribution.

permalink this comment Ricky Irvine Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 05.36 am

My poster.

permalink this comment Trần Lê Duy Tiên Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 05.54 am

This’s my entry :) Want to have some fun with word and color arrangements.

permalink this comment Jake Brown Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 06.11 am

First Entry

permalink this comment Gino Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 08.26 am

permalink this comment Keeto Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 10.05 am

Here’s my entry!..

permalink this comment Tom Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 11.11 am

Really like competition, lots of nice posters.  So here’s mine

permalink this comment lucox Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 01.37 pm

here is my poster

permalink this comment Martin Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 02.29 pm

My second entry is available.

permalink this comment Piotr Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 02.54 pm

Graphic design is about painting stuff. I’m on fire :D

permalink this comment riccard0 Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 03.15 pm

Heres’s my take.

permalink this comment Ron Domingue Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 04.40 pm

Hello my fellow Adobe Kuler compadre, this is my humble contribution.

permalink this comment EvenWu Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 05.34 pm

permalink this comment Toby Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 05.51 pm

Here’s mine! Good luck to all!

permalink this comment Regis Frey Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 06.55 pm

Here’s my poster contribution. There’s a lot of really cool stuff in the group. This was a great idea.

permalink this comment Greg Paulhus Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 07.24 pm

A nice diversion on a Saturday morning. here’s my poster.

permalink this comment Jacob S. Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 09.14 pm

Here’s my poster!

permalink this comment Alberto Mario Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 09.46 pm

Here is my poster, just my humble interpretation

permalink this comment Tobias Bleckert Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 10.01 pm

My poster

permalink this comment Keeto Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 10.21 pm

Another one, just for fun: Communication+Art.

permalink this comment Tom Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 10.41 pm

Here is my Second try

permalink this comment dave Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 10.54 pm

Here is my poster.

As Veerle said:

Basically this is your one time chance to give total freedom a shot.

She has to be the best client I’ve ever had, no expectations at all, just whatever I think looks cool :)

*sorry if this is a repeat comment, having some operator error over here :(

permalink this comment Greg Paulhus Sat Feb 9, 2008 at 11.09 pm

Here’s my second poster.

permalink this comment Michael Short Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.03 am

my 4th entry into the contest.

permalink this comment pdobrien Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.39 am

Hi Veerle! Here’s my poster.

Thanks for the cool contest!

permalink this comment Philipp S Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.53 am

my first One

greetings from germany

permalink this comment Markus Spitzner Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.53 am

Another one.

permalink this comment Scott Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 02.20 am

<a href=“http://www.flickr.com/photos/23642191@N07/2253934586/in/pool-what_is_graphic_design_poster_competition/”>My Poster, I’m a new flickr member now.

permalink this comment Regis Frey Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 02.25 am

here is my second shot at a poster. It’s a little more humorous than the first.

permalink this comment Monkeytail Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 03.00 am

^_^

permalink this comment ewcost Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 04.19 am

permalink this comment Drew Kora Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 04.41 am

My poster

permalink this comment refried_mobert Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 04.43 am

permalink this comment ewcost Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 07.23 am

My entry into the contest. Best of luck to all.

permalink this comment tina Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.00 am

my poster

no, i’m not really as jaded about design as the poster suggests, merely truthful

permalink this comment Jessica Raney Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.58 am

Please look at my poster, The Apple Tree

permalink this comment max Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.42 am

Here we go

permalink this comment Rafa Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10.48 am

This is my poster. Salutations ;)

permalink this comment Matthew Buchanan Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.21 pm

Mine.

permalink this comment Αnthony Sigalas Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 12.53 pm

And another one posted.

permalink this comment Niek van Galen Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 03.07 pm

My poster

permalink this comment Lisa Firke Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 04.58 pm

Oops! Had a typo in my entry’s link:

Graphic Design is Art that Works for a Living

permalink this comment Paul McLaren Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 05.02 pm

Wow some many amazing ideas, it great to see every one’s work!!  I am starting to feel a little sorry for Veerle though.  I not envying her having to judged the contest!  Did you think you were going to get so many entries?

permalink this comment SimplyGold Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 05.34 pm

Attempt number one

permalink this comment Adam Polselli Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 05.54 pm

My poster. Great competition.

permalink this comment SimplyGold Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 06.10 pm

And number two

permalink this comment els Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 06.37 pm

another poster

permalink this comment foliuj Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 06.52 pm

mine

and another one

permalink this comment Philipp S Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 07.07 pm

my second one

permalink this comment Palaniappan C Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 07.30 pm

permalink this comment Palaniappan C Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 07.44 pm

my second poster

permalink this comment Sandro Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.28 pm

And here is my poster ... tried to do something special for this special contest :)

permalink this comment Αnthony Sigalas Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.30 pm

And another one.

permalink this comment Redstar Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.48 pm

My poster

:-)

permalink this comment gabor Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 08.58 pm

my entry for the contest.

permalink this comment Αnthony Sigalas Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.22 pm

And one more.

permalink this comment Piotr Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.34 pm

Graphic design is my daily bread

permalink this comment SimplyGold Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.36 pm

And number three.

permalink this comment matcheck Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.47 pm

Hi, this poster is my idea.

permalink this comment Αnthony Sigalas Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 09.53 pm

And hopefully my last one!

permalink this comment Sam Dunne Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10.10 pm

making your mark…

doggy style…

ah got you interested now didn’t I…

Sam Glasgow, Scotland

permalink this comment Jehad Assaf Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10.15 pm

Well… here’s my poster.

permalink this comment Jimmy Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10.40 pm

Very interesting, especially the second prize!

permalink this comment bene Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 10.56 pm

Hi Veerle, nice competition. Here’s mine.

permalink this comment Philipp S Sun Feb 10, 2008 at 11.07 pm

a new one

permalink this comment gabor Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 12.08 am

my second entry for this great competition.

permalink this comment David Sutoyo Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 12.14 am

Here’s mine:

Entry 1

Entry 2

permalink this comment Foliuj Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 12.45 am

another one
i’ve removed previous entries

permalink this comment frozendevil Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 01.19 am

Guess I’m giving it a shot

I’m just a silly math kid going to a state college, don’t be too harsh on me?

permalink this comment Craig Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 01.40 am

permalink this comment Palaniappan C Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 03.45 am

Veerle, I think some people are missing the ‘comment here’ direction. There are way more photos in the stream than linked to here…

permalink this comment Marty Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.19 am

@Everyone: Looking through the submissions here is a WONDERFUL treat! Thank you.

permalink this comment Motivator Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 07.06 am

I think that going with this idea is indeed interesting. I will inform some of my friends with this events as they were interested in this type of events.

permalink this comment Fabio Sasso Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 12.58 pm

My first version here!

permalink this comment Velichko Karakostov Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 01.18 pm

One more entry for the competition.

permalink this comment Skip Chris Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 02.27 pm

My beautiful mess: here

permalink this comment James Bryan Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 03.01 pm

My poster

permalink this comment Geoff Parker Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 03.31 pm

My entry is here - Looks a lot better at full size though.

Might do another one - great competition idea!

permalink this comment Nuno Azevedo Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 04.22 pm

Hi found this competition last night, great posters in display, not hoping to win but to interact with ppl, hope u like my posters, this is my first one, inspired in calvin and hobbes..

Poster one - Interview with Hobbes

permalink this comment Sascha Schuster Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 05.48 pm

take care.

permalink this comment Sergio Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.05 pm

Veerle, im diving in the pool of the group looking the new posters, and “surprise” i don have seen my poster, why? i follow all your directions and other stuff, why? i screw up? am still in the contest?? please answer!!

permalink this comment Sergio Ruiz Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.24 pm

To me, Design is Simplicity…

Hope you like it :)

My poster - Entry No1
My poster - Entry No2

permalink this comment JamieO Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.28 pm

My humble contest entry

Will the vision for my entry which has been translated into digital form on the link above be understood and appreciated by the subjective tastes of the judge & jury. Only time will tell.

Thanks for a great contest Veerle!

permalink this comment Veerle Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.39 pm

Sergio said:

Apparently you have to upload 5 pictures if you are new to Flickr and if you do that your poster will show up in the group. Didn’t know that. (thanks to Billy Tamplin)

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.48 pm

I was a first time Flickr user and only submitted one poster as my first Flickr post. My poster did not show even though it was marked “public”. I contacted Flickr and they said that everyone must upload 5 images in order for it to be searchable by other people. So after uploading 5 pictures, I found myself part of the group’s pool. I hope this helps.

permalink this comment Juanma Teixido Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 06.52 pm

My poster is here.

permalink this comment Vegar Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 07.00 pm

Here’s my poster!

Great competition!

permalink this comment gabor Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 07.10 pm

my third entry

permalink this comment Sergio Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 07.45 pm

thanks to Veerle & Billy im fix in!!!

permalink this comment Jehad Assaf Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 07.48 pm

My second poster

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 08.00 pm

This is my third poster

permalink this comment V1 Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 08.26 pm

My Poster

Its not the most pretty thing i have build. But than again, its a graphic design, and thats whats its all about :)

GL everybody,

BTW,

Veerle u goin to adobe summit :)?

permalink this comment Sergio Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 08.46 pm

“My second poster

P.S: I’ve uploaded 5 photos including the posters, but I still don’t seem to show up in the pool… “

im too, hummmm…....

permalink this comment Monkeytail Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 08.53 pm

^_^ ^_^

permalink this comment Jackie Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 08.56 pm

I’m having the same issue - my entry doesn’t show up unless I am logged into FLICKR, not when I am in the public view.  I am wondering if this is because I am not a “member”? since I didn’t see my icon in the members section, either?

permalink this comment «sana» Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09.08 pm

Hi Veerle, and thanks for the creative contest.

I had a question: Is it required for posters to use CMYK? I usually work for on-screen presentations, so I decided to create them in RGB.
Please tell me, so I can change them.

Oh by the way, what did you mean by “good copy” ?!
number 1, number 2, number 3
Thanks, again

permalink this comment fran6co Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 09.37 pm

Hi everybody, here’s my entry in the contest. Have a nice day !

permalink this comment Billy Tamplin Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 10.00 pm

I forgot to add that it takes about a day or two for the flickr images to become searchable (after uploading your first 5 images).

permalink this comment Ray Kudra Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 10.09 pm

Here is my entry to the pool of extraordinary works of graphic design. I hope to find the time to do more.

permalink this comment gabor Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 10.52 pm

<a >my 4th one</a> :)

permalink this comment André Brocatus Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 11.24 pm

Here is my poster. I thought I’d stick with the classics and obvious ;-)

permalink this comment karol00 Mon Feb 11, 2008 at 11.57 pm

These are my submitions:
“understand”
“that”
“new”

permalink this comment Philipp S Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 12.19 am

i have a new one

permalink this comment Philipp S Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 12.35 am

a new old one..

permalink this comment Juanma Teixido Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 02.17 am

My second poster is here.

permalink this comment dave Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 06.07 am

this contest is proving to be tons of fun.
here is my second entry: texture & shapes.
have a great day everyone!

permalink this comment Tyler Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 06.13 am

Here’s my first entry. More later!

permalink this comment Tyler Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 06.50 am

And the second one.

Fun stuff Veerle, hope to get a few more in before the deadline!

permalink this comment Jake Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 10.40 am

Oh! This is a great competition! Too bad I can’t join.. I’ll just see what everyone’s up for the first prize.. :)
Good luck to all of you!

permalink this comment Mohamed A Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 11.01 am

permalink this comment Alvar! Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 03.16 pm

This is my real poster!

permalink this comment johannyt Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 03.53 pm

Here is my poster. :)

permalink this comment tipsle Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 04.33 pm

permalink this comment Mike Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 05.38 pm

I couldn’t resist…I just uploaded 2 entries.
Thanks for the fun!
M

permalink this comment Andrew Neesley Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 06.50 pm

Here’s my entry.

Thanks.

permalink this comment Urwen Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 07.07 pm

here is my poster.

permalink this comment Octave Z Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 07.32 pm

Happy to participate too.

permalink this comment terpack Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 08.09 pm

Veerle,
Thanks for the inspiring competition…
I have two entries:
Entry 1
Entry 2

permalink this comment els Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 08.33 pm

#3

permalink this comment Christophe Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 08.56 pm

Some great work to see here. Keep up the good work everyone

permalink this comment Maurus Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 09.06 pm

My poster

permalink this comment terpack Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 09.10 pm

Veerle,
When do you expect to be announcing your finalists/winners?

permalink this comment Veerle Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 09.30 pm

terpack said:

When do you expect to be announcing your finalists/winners?

Somewhere next week I hope. It’s gonna take a while to browse them all and let it sink in a bit :D

permalink this comment Nuno de Azevedo - Exkarravelho Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 10.34 pm

poster 7

poster 5

poster 6

poster 3 v2

poster 4

poster 2

poster 1

Hope you like them…thank you for this great opportunity..not trying to win but to grow, with critics and new ideas…

permalink this comment Janne Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 10.45 pm

permalink this comment Tyler Tue Feb 12, 2008 at 10.58 pm

Third and possibly final entry :)

permalink this comment lenep Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 12.19 am

Graphic Design is what I do for a living

Thanks Veerle.

permalink this comment Tom Siodlak Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.18 am

Hi,

My entry: my poster

permalink this comment Christina Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.21 am

Here is my poster for this competition!

permalink this comment Claes K Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.33 am

Here’s my first submission.

permalink this comment foliuj Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.50 am

me again

permalink this comment Charles Chipy Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 02.04 am

CC

permalink this comment AWP Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 03.33 am

Heya, here we go: first entry

permalink this comment james song Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 03.36 am

I’ve posted mine here:
“What is Graphic Design?” by JVST

permalink this comment Ray Kudra Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 03.37 am

This is for anyone who has worked in print design. You’ll understand my second submission. ; )

permalink this comment Henry Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 04.15 am

Here’s my poster!

permalink this comment Josh Williams Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 04.33 am

Quite the contest idea, thanks!
Here’s my entry:
my entry

permalink this comment Trev Stair Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 04.54 am

My first attempt can be found here. I may add an additional one or two, time permitting.

permalink this comment tom siodlak Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 04.57 am

my poster

It is in the pool but I don’t see it there..

permalink this comment dave Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 05.59 am

Done and Done

permalink this comment ystvz Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 06.57 am

So here you have it :)

permalink this comment Rob Goodlatte Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 07.55 am

I’ll be the first to submit a more politically-charged poster.

I’ve been really enjoying the other entries in the competition.  Thanks for setting this up Veerle :)

permalink this comment Bryan K Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.08 am

Thought I’d give it a whirl:
It’s the stuff you don’t see.

permalink this comment Ricky Irvine Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.16 am

My second poster.

permalink this comment leduytien Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.23 am

Here is mine (somehow last comment on the blog never appear):

Playing with words

here

and

here

permalink this comment Katrine Lykke Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.13 pm

poster 2 from me.

permalink this comment brtak Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 01.52 pm

Hi, there is a my poster.

permalink this comment bene Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 02.45 pm

My second entry .

permalink this comment beckie Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 05.14 pm

Thanks Veerle for the great blogs and for this fun competition!

Here are my entries:
poster 1
poster 2
poster 3

permalink this comment Timmy Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 06.45 pm

I cleaned-up my poster a bit. I had some spare time left in my schedule. This will be the definitive version of my poster. I will remove the old one shortly.

permalink this comment Emir Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 06.48 pm

Here’s my second and final one.

(Loathed at the idea of actually posting two entries but this contest does need some balance…)

permalink this comment Gabe Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 06.50 pm

Here are the two I’ve done so far:
poster 1
poster 2

permalink this comment dave Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 07.10 pm

Edited Mine

permalink this comment Jason Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.16 pm

Here is my entry!

permalink this comment diogo Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.33 pm

here goes mine

permalink this comment clun Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.35 pm

Hi,
this is it.

permalink this comment Christina Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 08.39 pm

Here is my 2nd entry for this contest!

permalink this comment Katrine Lykke Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 09.00 pm

Hi

my 3. poster

permalink this comment Adam Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 09.10 pm

First, more comical idea.
Sat back had another think about it and went with a second idea.

permalink this comment tyler Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 09.47 pm

Last one here:)

permalink this comment Zager Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 09.59 pm

This is my way to change the world.

permalink this comment Piotr Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 10.10 pm

Graphic design is a visual language

permalink this comment Marie Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 10.24 pm

Eeeek I’m nervous, heres mine :-)

permalink this comment Brik De Maeyer Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 10.45 pm

permalink this comment Corinne Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 11.52 pm

Hello Veerle,
I was wondering if “by friday” means we can still post on friday or if we haven’t done it before friday it’s over ? (I apologize for the bad English, sigh)
Also, if it’s on friday, what’s the closing hour ?
Thank you !

permalink this comment Benny Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 01.41 am

I’ve posted mine here: Poster

permalink this comment piscator Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 01.42 am

And here are mine:

Entry #1

and:

Entry #2

permalink this comment Nancy Morlino Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03.37 am

Thanks for doing this… Here is my first try.

permalink this comment Ale Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03.42 am

Hey Veerle, one question:

Can I submit a 1000 (width) x 750 (height) poster?

Thanks a lot!

permalink this comment Manuel Martensen Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.01 am

The outcome of this competition is already bigger than any price! What a great idea, Veerle! If someone asks “What exactly is that what you do anyways?”, then just point him to Veerles group :)

permalink this comment Lindsey Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.04 am

I actually finished these on time! Here are my three entries:

Graphic Design Is… FREEDOM

Graphic Design is… LOVE

and

Graphic Design is the sweet frosting on the content cupcake!

permalink this comment Alex Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 06.00 am

Here is my entry.

permalink this comment Trev Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 06.12 am

my second entry.

permalink this comment elizabeth Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07.16 am

hope this works!

permalink this comment Dee Adams (deedee9:14) Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07.38 am

My entry has been posted.

I’m a professional designer and in all my years this is the first time I’ve ever enetered into a contest. What fun!

permalink this comment ystvz Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07.43 am

Here my second attempt

permalink this comment inspirationbit Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07.55 am

Thanks for the inspiration and such a great contest, Veerle. I wish I had more time to express Graphic Design in different ways, but this one, in my opinion, summarizes everything.

permalink this comment ystvz Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 08.06 am

Here‘s my second attempt.

permalink this comment «sana» Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 08.34 am

I’m a bit disappointed that you’d not answered my question. (Maybe I was asking obvious things?!)

Here are my edited entries:
(Flickr doesn’t allow me to update my previous photos, what a lovely restriction!)
Elephant & 6 Blinds, Breath of life 1, Breath of life 2, Breath of life 3

permalink this comment Runce Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.09 am

Here is mine poster :)

Have a nice day

permalink this comment Eric Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.11 am

Poster Competition Entry…

Box of Chocolates

Good luck to all!

permalink this comment johannyt Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.40 am

My second entry!

permalink this comment 5_ka Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.43 am

Sorry, this is correct link for my first poster :)

permalink this comment ystvz Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 10.24 am

Here‘s my second attempt :)

permalink this comment Veerle Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 10.55 am

Corinne said:

It’s ok to do it on Friday as well but before midnight my time (Belgium time GMT +1)

Ale said:

Can I submit a 1000 (width) x 750 (height) poster?

Yes it is.

«sana» said:

Hey, give me some slack will you! There are a lot of things to oversee here and it’s easy to miss something. Good copy means good text.

Flickr does allow you to do that just look at the right side right above where it says this photo is public, you’ll see Replace this photo. (only on Flickr Pro)

permalink this comment Olof Lönnroth Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.11 am

Strange, I posted a comment here yesterday with my entry, but it’s gone… anyway, here goes again :)

My entry

Thanks!

permalink this comment Skip Chris Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.29 am

A couple more entries:
Poverty,
Opression,
My colleague, Simon.

Enjoy! :)

permalink this comment diogo Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.29 am

“This is also Graphic Design”
#1
#2

permalink this comment Nitzan Hallel Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 12.24 pm

my entry

permalink this comment diogo Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 12.39 pm

“This is also Graphic Design”
#3

permalink this comment Jan vitásek Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 01.31 pm

Fun

permalink this comment Mike Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 02.01 pm

Ok. I had to do one more ...it is hard to resist.

permalink this comment mokode Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 02.42 pm

entry: one  -  two  -  three

permalink this comment pagipagi Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03.57 pm

Hi V
this is fun

permalink this comment David Yeiser Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.12 pm

My Entry: Focused Creativity

permalink this comment Marc Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.20 pm

entry1

entry2

entry3

entry4

My first post…. I can do it…...

Great website by the way….
Reading it for years now….
But never find the time (...) to post..

permalink this comment A1201 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.27 pm

permalink this comment Daniel Tyrrell Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04.57 pm

I only fell upon this wesbite today so I managed to squeeze out a load of Subjective Nonsense just don’t tell work :D

permalink this comment Kyle Hurley Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 05.11 pm

Just posted my…
First and Second entries

Thanks!

permalink this comment Andrew Aitken Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 05.18 pm

Here is My Entry - which is more subtle than you might first notice!

permalink this comment Manuel Martensen Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 05.33 pm

Had to correct typos (and such stuff). You know what deadlines do to you ;)

Last Final version here.

permalink this comment diogo Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 05.34 pm

“this is also Graphic Design”
#4

permalink this comment BurningFly Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07.18 pm

I’m not a designer, photographer or model…though this poster has me doing it all! I think I’m going to quit my day job and become a male underwear model from now…and make that tattoo pernament;)

tattoo

Also decided to go for something completely different and clean…

outside the box

permalink this comment Blixt Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 08.06 pm

my poster :)

permalink this comment Toby Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 08.59 pm

permalink this comment diogo Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.21 pm

My new poster

permalink this comment Masoli Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.29 pm

here is may Poster

permalink this comment Sonja Minimuu Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09.57 pm

This isGraphic Design is so much more than this!.

permalink this comment Franklyn Jones Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 10.39 pm

Sorry if second post..this is actual link.

my entry

permalink this comment dkellerdesign Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.20 pm

Great contest Veerle. Lots of good stuff up there. Good luck to everyone and may all you wildest dreams come true…

Here’s mine

permalink this comment Richard Barnes Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.26 pm

My first shot:

Poster 1: Visual Communication

and the second:

Poster 2: Talk To The Eye

permalink this comment diogo Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.45 pm

I had to upload this one again

permalink this comment Paul McLaren Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.51 pm

Wow I just reread my last comment…I really have to remember to read over the stuff I write before I hit the post button!!  Way to much coffeeeeeeee…

I just read your article in Layers it rocks!  Amazing site,  you helped me to start design with CSS, and start thinking about using web standards.  Thanks again Veerle!!!

permalink this comment pixelfish Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 11.57 pm

Is it okay to remix existing works of ours, if we think it would be appropriate to the theme? (ie…if I created something some time back, and want to riff on it again, and it’s not the exact same existing piece, is that okay?)

permalink this comment Hans_Neuman Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 12.00 am

my first version of poster

permalink this comment Neelesh Sonawane Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 12.05 am

I drink dubonet & here is my poster

permalink this comment pintovsky Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 12.44 am

graphic design is eye music original and mod 1

permalink this comment Jan Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 12.47 am

My entry for the competition.

permalink this comment Irfan Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 01.25 am

Here is my entry - Eye Candy - feedback welcome…

permalink this comment HBnC Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.15 am

HBnC’s poster my poster

permalink this comment piscator Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.38 am

And:
My Entry #3

permalink this comment juiz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.47 am

Here’s mine!

permalink this comment piscator Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.57 am

Entry #4

permalink this comment piscator Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 03.15 am

And Entry #5

permalink this comment Colleen Hill Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 03.40 am

permalink this comment A u d e e Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 04.50 am

Hi Veerle, this is my first try into a design competition. :| I get nervous a bit ;))
Here is my poster

permalink this comment Josh Williams Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.12 am

Entry 2
Again, thanks!

permalink this comment Josh Williams Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.23 am

Final entry

permalink this comment Yuri Jai Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.50 am

Hollywood Girl

permalink this comment DaveK Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 06.19 am

Great contest Veerle. Lots of great entries. Good luck to everyone and may all your wildest dreams come true.

Here’s mine

up date
FUN

permalink this comment Daniel Tyrrell Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.44 am

Here is the Sequel

permalink this comment Rouss Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 09.53 am

here’s mine

actually uploaded yesterday but forgot to post it.

permalink this comment Veerle Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.05 am

pixelfish said:

Basically you can just reuse *elements* of previous work. It’s not ok to just post anything that was created a long time ago as a whole.

permalink this comment roberto Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.08 am

my entry
pick it up
thanks for this nice contest

permalink this comment «sana» Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.12 am

Thanks, Veerle.
I had to say so, because the deadline was approaching and you might not had seen my post.
Sorry if I annoyed you.

I hope you a good time judging. (Which I believe would be very time-consuming)

permalink this comment Hilde Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.27 am

This is mine

permalink this comment Peter Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.01 am

Creationistic

permalink this comment Pieter Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.31 am

This is my poster

Great contest !

permalink this comment Juanma Teixido Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 12.55 pm

For one, it’s not art, it’s 100% intentional and it should never be misunderstood for decoration.

permalink this comment pintovsky Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 01.10 pm

Trying out the landscape format:
Graphic design is architectonics

permalink this comment Ale Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 01.21 pm

Here’s my first poster

Enjoy!

permalink this comment Pedro Miguel Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 01.29 pm

Hello.

Here are my “Graphic Design is about you” series.
concept
one
two
three
four
five

Best regards to all of you!

permalink this comment Juanma Teixido Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 01.34 pm

(Hey Verlee, on a side note, I think this is a great proof to the Robustness of ExpressionEngine. 359 comments and going strong. Go EE!)

permalink this comment Janne Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.10 pm

My second entry

permalink this comment Bernhard Benke Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.42 pm

There you go! There is nice work in the pool.

permalink this comment Manuel Martensen Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.48 pm

Made a second one as well :)

permalink this comment HBnC Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 02.53 pm

From Charles @ HBnC….my poster

permalink this comment TioGZ Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 03.18 pm

hello!
that’s my poster

permalink this comment Sergio Ruiz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 03.52 pm

I think this is my last entry…or maybe I make today a quick entry:

My poster - Entry No3

permalink this comment salmto Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 04.06 pm

permalink this comment mirkku Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 04.42 pm

I hope i understood everything correctly ( where to upload etc.) So here´s my first entry :) So inspiring competition! Thank you!
my artwork

permalink this comment Nadine Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 04.43 pm

hey veerle, a little problem… why I can’t see my 3 posters in the pool?
just 4 the worst case, that you can’t see them too… please look here:

greets from germany :-)

permalink this comment Veerle Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.03 pm

Nadine said:

hey veerle, a little problem… why I can’t see my 3 posters in the pool?

You’ll find out why if you read this. It explains everything :)

permalink this comment Ashley Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.26 pm

Hey, Veerle! I’m impressed with the creativity this competition has inspired in everyone.

#1
#2
#3

permalink this comment aparadise Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.31 pm

Eye Engineering

Thanks for the competition!

permalink this comment Coudi Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.38 pm

Thanks for this nice competition :)
my proposition

permalink this comment pintovsky Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.58 pm

Damn - I keep getting distracted by this competition!
I *love* graphic design

permalink this comment Kelli A Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 05.59 pm

Here is my first attempt.

permalink this comment Kenny Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 06.20 pm

Here are my entries:
Poster 1
Poster 2.

permalink this comment ystvz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 06.46 pm

Here‘s my third poster.

Wow! There are a lot of posters :P

permalink this comment Rebekah Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 07.07 pm

Here is my artwork.

permalink this comment pdobrien Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 07.49 pm

I’m probably flying right under the wire (what else is new…), but here’s my final entry.

Thanks again, Veerle—this has been loads of fun!

permalink this comment mirkku Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.08 pm

It´s sometimes challenging to write things correctly, when you´re mother tongue is finnish.. my american friend kindly pointed me one mistake.. :) It´s a good day to learn new things ;) so here´s a new link.
version 2

permalink this comment Ed Dempsey Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.17 pm

Hope this works.

Has been lots of fun!

permalink this comment mirkku Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.21 pm

But hey..i can´t believe this… at least i thought i knew how to write “your mother tongue…” :D
This competition has some very nice entries, wow…

permalink this comment MelissaE1 Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.39 pm

My Last Entry.

permalink this comment Acuity Designs Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 08.49 pm

first submission
my poster no.1

permalink this comment Holli Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 09.12 pm

What a great idea!  Here are my submissions!
my first poster
my second poster
my third poster

permalink this comment Kelli A Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 09.20 pm

Attempt number 2.
Poster 2

permalink this comment Acuity Designs Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 09.55 pm

submission 2

permalink this comment gabor Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 09.59 pm

my last submission for the contest.

good luck everyone!

permalink this comment Acuity Designs Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.12 pm

previous submission 2 link was invalid.

my submission 2

permalink this comment Timmy Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.20 pm

Made a second poster.

The concept maybe more interesting than the drawings.

permalink this comment alexandrosvolta Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.24 pm

please! I don’t know why mi image not upload at the pool

this is [url=“http://www.flickr.com/photos/23823459@N03/2267614942/in/pool-what_is_graphic_design_poster_competition
“]my image[/url]:

Please, I want to take part in the contest

sorry my english is bad

permalink this comment Kelli A Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.33 pm

Here is attempt number 3.

permalink this comment Kelli A Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.46 pm

above link “Kelli A | Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.33 pm” is not valid.
Here is the correct link.
Thanks!

permalink this comment qrux Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 10.59 pm

Here are my 2 poster entries:

Entry 1

Entry 2

permalink this comment increibleignatz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.12 pm

This is my poster.

permalink this comment NJ Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.15 pm

New entry

Thanks again Veerle, Nancy

permalink this comment Pudl Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.15 pm

Hello Veerle, my entry. Thanks for the brief, it was fun!

permalink this comment planetbizzy Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.17 pm

Here is my poster: on flickr

permalink this comment foliuj Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.20 pm

next one

permalink this comment Brenlynwin Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.25 pm

My Poster

very amateurish, but i’m learning!  =)  thanks for having the contest!

permalink this comment ystvz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.34 pm

Here’s a resume of my entries:
My First
My Second
My Third
My Forth

And that’s all. Thank you very much Veerle for this contest. I really enjoyed it.

permalink this comment Philipp S Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.40 pm

my last one

permalink this comment hash_g Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.52 pm

My entries:
Clear & Simple
PICK ME!

:D

permalink this comment increibleignatz Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.54 pm

My second poster.

permalink this comment Ale Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 11.56 pm

Final entry, just on the deadline :D

Graphic Design was here before pixels

permalink this comment Derek Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 12.01 am

My entry for the competition. =)

permalink this comment Andrew Rea Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 12.26 am

Here is my poster entry

permalink this comment Julian Raschke Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 05.03 am

Duh, just came home again and was told I didn’t post here. The entry was in the group just on time (23.59!!!! yay for deadlines), I thought that was enough. :’(

The Puzzle Answer

permalink this comment Jackie Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 06.45 am

Hi Veerle,

I guess I submitted four entries, and forgot to link them here. I also tried to submit my very last one this evening, but missed the deadline by by a couple of hours or something because I didn’t realize!  Here is a link to my photostream on Flickr:

It was fun to see all of the the great posters and the creativity and that was generated, once again in this contest. So many talented people out there!

permalink this comment Efrain Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 07.38 am

Well this sucks!! No where in your blog is specified that entries should be entered by midnight (Feb 15th) Belgian time (GMT +1) or instruction to come and read this info at Flick. Is 10:31 PM here in California…

Please consider my entry… I uploaded to my account:
My Entry

permalink this comment Veerle Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 09.36 am

Efrain said:

It’s on the blog in the comments. It’s not that hard to look for what I said in blue. A bit of effort please. It’s over sorry, I have to draw the line somewhere.

Jackie said:

Your entry seems to be in the pool, so you are OK.

permalink this comment Daniel Tyrrell Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 09.38 am

There are so many good entries here…. and thanks for giving us a great brief to work to. It’s a shame we don’t get briefs like this at work :D

permalink this comment ystvz Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 12.18 pm

Good luck to everyone, people. Veerle, you have a lot of work ahead :P

permalink this comment Tom Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 01.12 pm

:( I can’t see my entry on the blog comments above. I entered my poster last Saturday and it is in the Flickr group.

permalink this comment Veerle Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 01.30 pm

Tom said:

For those that don’t see there entry when not logged in read this.

permalink this comment Corinne Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 01.55 pm

Hello Veerle,
I commented here yesterday at the time I posted my submission in the Flickr group (before the deadline). But I don’t know why it doesn’t appear here today :(
Anyway I’m reposting it.
Interaction

permalink this comment Chris Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 02.37 pm

Sorry, I put my entry in the pool and forgot to make a comment.  Here it is! Thanks!

permalink this comment Carolynn Giordano Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 03.14 pm

This is my entry!

permalink this comment Rodrigo Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 03.22 pm

I put my entry in the pool and forgot to make a comment too !

Second

permalink this comment Mynus Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 05.22 pm

and here is mine :P

permalink this comment nick Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 07.50 pm

Sorry, I messed up the links the first time

my first entry

second entry

permalink this comment mih4ever Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 07.58 pm

I put my entry in the pool and forgot to make a comment too !

my poster 2
my poster 3
my poster 4
my poster 5
my poster 6

permalink this comment salmto Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 08.52 pm

I forgot to make a comment for my 2nd version!

my poster 2

permalink this comment pamela pitman Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 10.23 pm

my posters…

Nr.1
Nr.2
Nr.3
Nr.4
Nr.5

permalink this comment Tony Price Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 10.52 pm

Geez, I need to pay closer attention. I skimmed over where it said to post a link in the comments.

Hope it’s not too late.

My “What is GD?” submission on Flickr, added on Wednesday the 14th.

permalink this comment Efrain Sat Feb 16, 2008 at 11.17 pm

I understand. I actually printed your post to follow instructions at home since I currently don’t have internet access there. Never occur to me that additional instruction where going to take place in the comment section. Oh well.. my poster sucked anyway.

Sorry if I got upset… couldn’t help it after missing my shot to those great prizes.

Good luck people.

permalink this comment Sorin Pintilie Sun Feb 17, 2008 at 06.00 pm

Hello,

It seems I missread something and forgot to post the link here to my entry.
So I hope that not posting here in the comments doesn’t influence my entry in the contest.
Here’s the link to my poster
Again, deepest apologies for the delay.
Best wishes,
Sorin

permalink this comment Mbuck Sun Feb 17, 2008 at 10.44 pm

Posted the entry to the pool last week but just saw that I should post a link here…hopefully I didn’t mess it up.

permalink this comment Tim Barry Sun Feb 17, 2008 at 10.56 pm

Here is mine - uploaded to the flickr group on the 14th, but thought I’d add it here too.

100% Graphic Design

permalink this comment adrumo Mon Feb 18, 2008 at 05.10 pm

I never really thought I had to post a comment here… But it’s finally here:

What is graphic design?”

The entry was posted on the 14th of February.

I hope it gets on time although the time for submissions is over :S

Thanks anyway :)

permalink this comment Antonio Tue Feb 19, 2008 at 04.12 am

Anyone know when the winners will be announced?

permalink this comment brtak Tue Feb 19, 2008 at 09.04 am

During this week.

permalink this comment bookladyjenn Tue Feb 19, 2008 at 02.54 pm

Here are mine. Glad I’m not judging. Thanks Veerle.

permalink this comment Adam Crigger Tue Feb 19, 2008 at 05.39 pm